The Data Protection Officer shall work on analyses, evaluations and optimizations of the business processes regarding data protection and IT security. In addition, the DPO shall be responsible for ensuring data protection compliance with the related requirements, which are implemented by different departments as well as management. The DPO shall advise the management regarding data protection issues, carry out regular internal security audits, and act as the main point of contact between SHIPSTA and the data protection authorities.
- Monitoring of compliance with the data protection regulations within the entire company
- Analysis of business procedures regarding the processing of personal data in alignment with IT security measures
- Verification of contracts with service providers concerning privacy issues, as well as customer related documents, and taking care of Data Processing Agreements (DPA)
- Communication with authorities and provision of information about data protection
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Ensure that the company addresses all queries from data subjects within the legal timeframes (e. g. deleting their information from our databases)
- Liaise with other organisations that process data on our behalf
- Performing audits and determining whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Arranging trainings on GDPR compliance for all employees
- Following up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure data protection compliance
SHIPSTA is an international logistics startup and software company founded in 2015, based in Mertert in Luxembourg and a subsidiary in the Digital Logistics Hub in Hamburg. SHIPSTA has focused on the development of intelligent software solutions.
Specialized for the digital and smart purchasing of logistics services, including both freight tenders as well as short-term rate requests for transports in the online marketplace.
More than 60 employees work on the anew every day on the digitization of logistics purchasing and are looking forward to your support. Become part of a rapidly growing and dynamic crew and apply today!